A VPN is a private network that encrypts and transmits data while it travels from one place to another on the internet. We assist departments with setup and configuration of departmental Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
VPN can mask things like IP address, location, search history and keep them from being tracked by websites, internet browsers, cable companies, internet service providers and others.
A VPN also provides security by protecting you from anyone trying to access your personal information and other data you send and receive.
- We provide assistance with set up and configuration of VPN
- Host Information Profiling (HIP) Cybersecurity Checks
- User-based secure remote access
- Centrally managed VPN
- Patching support and monitoring is provided centrally by campus
- List of users with NETIDs
- How many users total will utilize the VPN
- Business use case
- Access requirements can be determined during migration
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-265-6677.
All faculty and staff within SMPH departments, centers, and institute