In an effort to streamline operations and minimize duplicative efforts, SMPH Shared Services IT is migrating users away from Med School Active Directory (MSAD) to Campus Active Directory (CAD).
Who is impacted?
- All staff and students supported by Shared Services IT in HSLC, Dean’s Office, Academic Affairs, Education and IT.
- All staff in supported Basic Sciences are already using Campus Active Directory. No change needed.
What does this mean for you?
- Campus NetID credentials are used to login to the computer.
- Minimizes the number of accounts/passwords that must be remembered.
- After migration, you will no longer need your MSAD user account and password.
- New storage.
- Secure, reliable, redundant storage that is backed up and safe for use with sensitive/restricted data (**additional configuration and notification required.)
What is involved?
- Copying departmental and home directory data over to the new storage.
- Moving locally stored data (old computer login) to new account (NetID login).
- Verifying functionality post migration.
How long will the migration take?
- There may be approximately 30 minutes where you and your computer functionality and data access are verified. You will be notified in advance of your department’s migration date and time.
When will this occur?
- Shared Services IT will be reaching out to the departmental units to schedule the migration date.
- If you have questions or are ready to schedule your migration date, email email@example.com with interest.